The final PTO meeting of this year is Tuesday, May 23 from 7 – 8 pm via Zoom. We will vote on the budget and PTO leadership for the 2023/24 school year. Please join us for this important meeting!
Our community raised $25,794 through the Kennedy Color Run! These funds will support important programs at Kennedy. Thank you to Meredyth Hite and the team of volunteers, teachers and staff for a wonderful activity and fundraiser!
8th Grade Dance – Thursday, June 8
We need help with the 8th grade dance on Thursday, June 8. 6th and 7th grade parents are needed to help with chaperoning and the food table at the dance. 8th grade parents are needed to help with set up and clean up. Sign up links are below:
6th & 7th Grade Parent Chaperone Volunteers
8th Grade Parents Set-Up and Clean-Up
Dine Out Fundraiser – Redwood City BBQ
Our ALL DAY Dine Out fundraiser is scheduled for Thursday, June 1 at Redwood City BBQ (640 Woodside Road, RWC). Online order code: KMS – www.redwoodcitybbq.com.
June and July Birthday Cupcakes
We will celebrate June and July birthdays with cupcakes at lunch on Friday, June 2.
Open PTO Leadership Roles for 2023/24
OPEN PTO Leadership Roles for 2023/24…these must be filled for the PTO to continue to function! Please consider taking on one of these vital roles.
- PTO President: work with KMS admin to plan calendar and how PTO will support KMS events and activities. Lead meetings. Plan budget. Support and resource other PTO leaders on the team. Recruit PTO leadership.
- PTO Vice President: work closely with PTO President to share the leadership load.
- PTO Secretary: set up PTO meetings and agendas. Take minutes at monthly PTO meetings. Maintain PTO archives/google suite.
- STEAM Liaison: work with KMS STEAM Program lead teacher to support program. Coordinate family volunteers for program as needed.
- Art Program Liaison: work with KMS Art Program lead teacher to support program. Coordinate family volunteers for program as needed.
- Fundraising/Grant Writing: help with KMS PTO fundraising through grant writing and procuring corporate donor partnerships.
- Website Manager: update and maintain KMS PTO website.
- Social Media Manager: manage our KMS PTO social media accounts.
Donations for 8th Grade Events & Activities
We have only had about 75 families (out of 220) contribute so far! The Kennedy school & KMS PTO fund all 8th grade activities & events at KMS so that ALL students have equal access to those events & activities. We do ask each family to contribute $75, or whatever they can, to offset the nearly $25k cost of the 8th grade events this year.
Make your contribution online through PayPal or the PTO online store. If you make your payment online, please include a note with the name of your student. You may also pay by check by leaving it in the PTO box in the school office. Please note your student’s name on the check.
Please visit the RCSD website to find required forms and details about the process. https://www.rcsdk8.net/our-programs-and-services/human-resources/volunteer
Stay in Touch
Follow the KMS PTO on Instagram (@Kennedycougarspto) and Facebook to stay up-t0-date.
Feel free to email with questions or concerns firstname.lastname@example.org.