FUNDRAISING COMMITTEE (Fundraising Chair – Open Position):
- Execute one major fundraising event per year
- Execute one monetary donation campaign via mail and social media
- Sub-committee leads to send blurbs (when applicable) to Communications Coordinator for publication in weekly e-mail newsletters
- Auction Committee – Merideth Heite and Andre Bobo. Procure and execute an auction event.
- Direct Donation Campaign – Vaugn Fuelling and Tashina Fuelling. Encourage families to make a donation directly to the PTO to support school programs. The main campaign request happens in the Fall; other direct donation opportunities include Stand UP for Public Schools day in the Spring and Giving Tuesday.
- Scholastic Book Fair – Inez Jackson (Gr 8)
- Execute annual week-long Book Fair to start on Back-to-School Night.
- Recruit volunteers to man cash registers and help set-up/clean-up using Sign-up Genius.
- Work with Kennedy librarian to allocate raised funds and logistics of when to have library open for sales and set-up/take-down.
- AT&T Park Concessions:
- Concession Leads – Open Positions. Training included. Organize and lead worker groups at AT&T Park Concession stand a few times a year. Have to be present on day of event. Recruit workers.
- Concession Workers – Open Positions. Need 7 workers per event to sell snacks and drinks. Have to be age 18 to work due to alcohol sales.
- Graduation Day Fundraiser (New) – Open Position. Sell water/snacks at graduation ceremony?
- Grant Writer – Sonia Pelkowski (Gr. 7). Apply for grants that will help fund programs at Kennedy.
- PE Shirt Sales – Eva Weppner (Gr. 7). Sell PE shirts at Back-to-School Night, Maze Day and other PE Shirt Sale Events. Keep records of each shirt transaction and proper inventory. Collect shirt orders from PTO box and process. Coordinate with online store manager.
- PTO Online Store – Eva Weppner (Gr. 7). Maintain online portal for PE Shirt purchases, ticket sales, fundraising opportunities, etc.
- Escrip – Open Position. Promote and educate community on new Escrip program and Mobile Benefits program.
- Box Tops – Open Position. Publicize collection of box tops, sort and submit twice a year.
- Amazon Smile – Open Position. Promote and educate community on Amazon Smile program. Work with communications coordinator to send e-mail reminders to use PTO link.
- Eat-Outs – Nicole Sommerfeld. Organize once a month. Work with communications coordinator to communicate events through PTO Newsletter and post events to PTO calendar. Work with Kennedy office to communicate via school text, newsletter, Peachjar, flyers, and banners.
- Recycling (New) – Open Position. Organize recycling fundraisers a few times a year (electronic, print cartridges, bottles, etc.). Maybe work with student council.
- 99 Pledges (New) – Open Position. Explore a “Thon” to engage middle schoolers in fundraising. Has to be approved by Principal and PTO.
Contact email@example.com if you have questions.