Welcome to the Kennedy Middle School Parent Teacher Organization (PTO). Whether you are a parent, guardian, or extended family member of a Kennedy student, you are a member of the Kennedy PTO! We are a nonprofit volunteer organization (tax ID 47-1531115) whose mission is to help students thrive and grow into the next generation of community and business leaders. To support this mission, we raise funding and organize parent volunteers to help our school better serve its students.
John F. Kennedy Middle School is a community school, a special designation given to a limited number of “full service” schools in Redwood City where educational success is achieved by addressing any social and economic barriers to learning. To this end, Kennedy offers an array of programs to support our students’ social, emotional, physical and academic needs, many of which are funded by the efforts of the PTO:
- Counseling services, tutoring and general assistance to students and families in need through our on-campus Kennedy Family Center
- The Kennedy Maker Space, an exciting place for students to explore hands-on learning in Technology, Robotics and Journalism
- Scholarships to students to participate in the Yosemite and Grand Canyon enrichments trips through the Kennedy Expedition Foundation
- School community-building events, like our music concerts, drama productions, ice cream socials, teacher appreciation events, 8th grade graduation events, the Kennedy Color Run, school dances and other student celebrations
- Parent Education and Campus Beautification projects
None of these programs are possible without your continued support. Our direct drive fundraising goal is $30,000. We are asking $200 per family, but please consider donating any amount that fits your personal financial situation. Whether it’s $25, $50, $100 or $1,000, every dollar helps us reach our fundraising goal and our students are worth our investment.
- Online donation options are on our donate page: https://kennedycougarspto.org/donate
- Check payments may be left in the PTO box inside the office or mailed to the school: Kennedy PTO, 2521 Goodwin Avenue, Redwood City, CA 94061. Please make checks payable to JFK Middle School PTO.
- Double your donation – check with your employer to see if they will match your generous donation.
- Please also consider a donation of your time. The PTO is always looking for volunteers to help with school events. For more information, please visit: www.kennedycougarspto.org/volunteer.
- Feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or for more information.