Social Event Chair – Open:
- Organize community social events.
- Organize teacher appreciation events.
- Sub-committee chairs to send blurbs (when applicable) to Communications Coordinator for publication in weekly e-mail newsletter and communicate with VP.
- Maze Day, Back-to-School Night and Open House PTO Welcome & Recruitment – PTO Board Members. Set up table with PTO program and sign-up info.
- Welcome Back Lunch for Teachers – Open Position. Organize catered lunch for teachers and gift cards.
- Ice Cream Social on 6th Gr. Maze Day (Aug) – Open Position. Purchase and distribute popsicles at PTO Info table. Have newsletter sign-up and PTO info available.
- Welcome Back Coffee for Parents (Aug) – Open Position. Organize coffee and pastries for first day of school.
- Fall event to tie in with Auction – Open Position. Coordinate potluck event for night of online auction launch.
- Thanksgiving Teacher Potluck – Open Position. Organize Sign-up Genius for Food & Beverage items for luncheon during week of Fall teacher conferences. Coordinate set-up and clean-up.
- Liaison with KFC for Annual Winter Dance – Open Position. Send out Sign-up Genius to recruit adult helpers/chaperones during dance and for set-up and clean-up. Coordinate with KFC liaison and student council.
- 8th Grade Graduation Co-chairs – Evro King and Kamal Sigel
. Organize 8th grade dance party after graduation ceremony. Solicit donations to cover expenses as well as small gift cards to be used for door prizes and raffles. Send out a Sign-up Genius to recruit 6th and 7th grade parents to help out at actual event. How-to Manual included.
- May Teacher Appreciation Week Coordinator – Open Position. Organize a week of teacher appreciation events. In the past, these have included a barista on one day, 12 hours of chair massages spread over 3 days, parent provided breakfast, catered lunch and parent provided baked items. Coordinator can decide actual events based on budget.
- Drama Program – Marie Carter and Debbie Moore Organize, lead, and fundraiser for the annual drama production.
- Library Makeover (New) – Open Position. Possible new position to spearhead making the school library more welcoming and available to students. Coordinate with Principal and librarian on school vision.
- STEAM Fair Teacher Support (New) – Open Position. Possible new position(s) for those interested in helping expose our middle schoolers to STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math). Will culminate in a STEAM Fair at the end of the school year. Coordinate with STEAM program teacher.
- Teacher Liaisons (New) – Open Position. Possible new positions in each grade to help improve communication between parents and teachers. Objective is to help promote teacher wishlists and support out-of-class work like copying, etc. Establish a system where both teachers and volunteers have up-to-date information on tasks they need help with.
- Beautification (New) – Open Position. Possible new position to spearhead landscape beautification of Kennedy. Communicate with Principal on school vision and PTO for funding. Work with PCC Beautiful Day crew.