Social Event Chair – Open:
- Organize community social events.
- Organize teacher appreciation events.
- Sub-committee chairs to send blurbs (when applicable) to Communications Coordinator for publication in weekly e-mail newsletter and communicate with VP.
- Maze Day, Back-to-School Night and Open House PTO Welcome & Recruitment – PTO Officers. Set up Table with PTO Program and Sign-Up Info.
- Welcome Back Lunch for Teachers – Michelle Haussler (Gr8). Organize catered lunch for teachers and gift cards.
- Ice Cream Social on 6th Gr. Maze Day (Aug) – Michelle Haussler (Gr8). Purchase and distribute popsicles at PTO Info table. Have newsletter sign-up and PTO info available.
- Welcome Back Coffee for Parents (Aug) – Open Position. Organize coffee and pastries for first day of school.
- Fall event to tie in with Auction – Open Position. Coordinate potluck event for night of online auction launch.
- Thanksgiving Teacher Potluck – Open Position. Organize Sign-up Genius for Food & Beverage items for luncheon during week of Fall teacher conferences. Coordinate set-up and clean-up.
- Liaison with KFC for Annual Winter Dance – Open Position. Send out Sign-up Genius to recruit adult helpers/chaperones during dance and for set-up and clean-up. Coordinate with KFC liaison and student council.
- 8th Grade Graduation Dance Committee – Open Positions. Organize 8th grade dance party after graduation ceremony. Solicit donations to cover expenses as well as small gift cards to be used for door prizes and raffles. Send out a Sign-up Genius to recruit 6th and 7th grade parents to help out at actual event. How-to Manual included.
- May Teacher Appreciation Week Coordinator – Open Position. Organize a week of teacher appreciation events. In the past, these have included a barista on one day, 12 hours of chair massages spread over 3 days, parent provided breakfast, catered lunch and parent provided baked items. Coordinator can decide actual events based on budget.
- Library Makeover (New) – Open Position. Possible new position to spearhead making the school library more welcoming and available to students. Coordinate with Principal and librarian on school vision.
- STEAM Fair Teacher Support (New) – Open Position. Possible new position(s) for those interested in helping expose our middle schoolers to STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math) during 2016-17. Will culminate in a STEAM Fair at the end of the school year. Coordinate with STEAM program teacher.
- Teacher Liaisons (New) – Open Position. Possible new positions in each grade to help improve communication between parents and teachers. Objective is to help promote teacher wishlists and support out-of-class work like copying, etc. Establish a system where both teachers and volunteers have up-to-date information on tasks they need help with.
- Beautification (New) – Open Position. Possible new position to spearhead landscape beautification of Kennedy. Communicate with Principal on school vision and PTO for funding. Work with PCC Beautiful Day crew.