Social Event Chair
- Organize community social events.
- Organize teacher appreciation events.
- Sub-committee chairs to send blurbs (when applicable) to Communications Coordinator for publication in weekly e-mail newsletter and communicate with VP.
- Maze Day, Back-to-School Night and Open House PTO Welcome & Recruitment – PTO Board Members. Set up table with PTO program and sign-up info.
- Welcome Back Lunch for Teachers – Organize catered lunch for teachers and gift cards.
- Welcome Back Coffee for Parents (Aug) – Organize coffee and pastries for first day of school.
- Thanksgiving Teacher Potluck – Organize Sign-up Genius for Food & Beverage items for luncheon during week of Fall teacher conferences. Coordinate set-up and clean-up.
- Liaison with KFC for Annual Winter Dance – Send out Sign-up Genius to recruit adult helpers/chaperones during dance and for set-up and clean-up. Coordinate with KFC liaison and student council.
- 8th Grade Graduation – Organize 8th grade dance party after graduation ceremony. Solicit donations to cover expenses as well as small gift cards to be used for door prizes and raffles. Send out a Sign-up Genius to recruit 6th and 7th grade parents to help out at actual event. How-to Manual included.
- May Teacher Appreciation Week Coordinator. Organize a week of teacher appreciation events. In the past, these have included a barista on one day, 12 hours of chair massages spread over 3 days, parent provided breakfast, catered lunch and parent provided baked items. Coordinator can decide actual events based on budget.
- Drama Program. Organize, lead, and fundraiser for the annual drama production.
- Music Program. Organize and lead preparation of the Winter and Spring Music Concerts in coordination with the Music Director.
- STEAM Fair Teacher Support. Expose our middle schoolers to STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math). Will culminate in a STEAM Fair at the end of the school year. Coordinate with STEAM program teacher.
- Teacher Liaisons. Possible new positions in each grade to help improve communication between parents and teachers. Objective is to help promote teacher wish-lists and support out-of-class work like copying, etc. Establish a system where both teachers and volunteers have up-to-date information on tasks they need help with.
- Beautification. Possible new position to spearhead landscape beautification of Kennedy. Communicate with Principal on school vision and PTO for funding.