President – Roy Dorling (6gr)
- Shall preside over meetings of the organization and executive board.
- Serve as the primary contact with the Principal.
- Represent the organization at meetings outside of the organization.
- Is a default member of all committees except the nominating committee.
- Coordinates the work of all the officers and committees so that the purpose of the organization is served.
- Serves on Budget Committee.
- Liaison to the Fundraising Committee.
Vice President – Pierre Raynaud-Richard (6gr)
About 4-6 hours a month commitment, which includes PTO meeting attendance.
- Shall assist the president and carry out the president’s duties in his or her absence or inability to serve.
- Keeps time at meetings to ensure agenda is adhered to.
- Will ideally be President in the following school year.
- Liaison to the Social Committees.
Secretary – Cathy Ammenti (Gr8)
About 1 hour a month commitment for PTO meeting attendance.
- The secretary shall keep all records of the organization and take and record minutes
- The secretary shall also keep a copy of the minutes book, bylaws, financial statements, and rules and brings them to each meeting.
Treasurer (Bookkeeper and Deposits) – Phillippe Jamotte (Gr6)
This position can be shared by two people and is a two year term commitment. It is recommended that one treasurer is on their first year of commitment and the other treasurer is on their second year with the intention of training the newest treasurer. Each year the co-treasurers will divide the responsibilities between themselves.
- The deposit treasurer shall receive all funds of the organization and make every effort to deposit them within one week.
- The treasurer(s) will keep an accurate record of receipts and expenditures, and pay out funds in accordance with the approval of the executive board.
- He or she will present a financial statement at least 3 days prior to the monthly meeting and at other times of the year when requested by the executive board.
- The treasurer(s) will make a full report at the end of the year.
- The treasurer(s) will provide the auditor with needed documentation to conduct audits.
- The treasurer(s) shall file all required PTO, state and federal documents, including taxes, insurance, and California charitable trust documents.
- When filing federal tax forms, a list of newly elected officers must be included.
Auditor – OPEN
- The auditor shall audit the financial records of the organization semiannually, within one month of the midpoint (Jan) of the fiscal year and the end of the fiscal year (July).
- The outgoing and/or incoming auditor shall conduct the year end audit and present to the executive board at the first meeting of the school year.
Communications (Newsletter & Website) – Kate Stevenson (Gr7)
- The communications coordinators will coordinate all incoming and outgoing PTO communications with the Principal, president, committee chairs, Kennedy Family Center, parents and teacher liaisons. This will include any social media, mass messaging (emails, phone messages, phone text, newsletter, etc.), and maintenance of the organization’s email and web page content.
Elections are held at the second to last meeting of the school year. The Executive Board shall select candidates for each office and present the slate at a meeting held one month prior to the election. At that meeting, nominations may also be made from the floor. If more than one person is running for an office, a ballot vote should be taken. All members are eligible for office.
Terms of Office
Officers are elected for one year (with the exception of the co-treasurers) and they serve no more than two consecutive terms in the same office. Each person elected shall hold only one office at a time.