May Birthday Cupcakes
We will celebrate May birthdays with cupcakes at lunch on Tuesday, May 16.
Dine Out Fundraiser – Panda Express
Our ALL DAY Dine Out fundraiser is scheduled for Thursday, May 18 at the Sequoia Station Panda Express (1023 El Camino Real, RWC). Online order code: 355119 (enter in the fundraiser code box).
The final PTO meeting of this year is on Tuesday, May 23 from 7 – 8 pm via Zoom. We will vote on the budget and PTO leadership for the 2023/24 school year. Please join us for this important meeting!
Teacher & Staff Appreciation
Thank you to Jessica Osaki for leading the Teacher & Staff Appreciation week efforts on behalf of the PTO.
Kennedy Color Run
The Kennedy Color Run this past Friday was a great success! Thank you to Meredyth Hite and the amazing team of parents that made this event happen. Students, staff and volunteers all had a great time!
Thanks to you, we have set a new fundraising record! So far, together we have raised more than $25,000 to support important programs at Kennedy.
The raffle winners will be drawn and announced this week at Kennedy.
Color Run Highlight Video:
Color Run Photo Booth Gallery:
Color Run Photo Album:
Open PTO Leadership Roles for 2023/24
OPEN PTO Leadership Roles for 2023/24…these must be filled for the PTO to continue to function! Please consider taking on one of these vital roles.
- PTO President: work with KMS admin to plan calendar and how PTO will support KMS events and activities. Lead meetings. Plan budget. Support and resource other PTO leaders on the team. Recruit PTO leadership.
- PTO Vice President: work closely with PTO President to share the leadership load.
- PTO Secretary: set up PTO meetings and agendas. Take minutes at monthly PTO meetings. Maintain PTO archives/google suite.
- STEAM Liaison: work with KMS STEAM Program lead teacher to support program. Coordinate family volunteers for program as needed.
- Art Program Liaison: work with KMS Art Program lead teacher to support program. Coordinate family volunteers for program as needed.
- Fundraising/Grant Writing: help with KMS PTO fundraising through grant writing and procuring corporate donor partnerships.
- Website Manager: update and maintain KMS PTO website.
- Social Media Manager: manage our KMS PTO social media accounts.
Donations for 8th Grade Events & Activities
We have only had about 65 families (out of 220) contribute so far! The Kennedy school & KMS PTO fund all 8th grade activities & events at KMS so that ALL students have equal access to those events & activities. We do ask each family to contribute $75, or whatever they can, to offset the nearly $25k cost of the 8th grade events this year.
Make your contribution online through PayPal or the PTO online store. If you make your payment online, please include a note with the name of your student. You may also pay by check by leaving it in the PTO box in the school office. Please note your student’s name on the check.
Please visit the RCSD website to find required forms and details about the process. https://www.rcsdk8.net/our-programs-and-services/human-resources/volunteer
Stay in Touch
Follow the KMS PTO on Instagram (@Kennedycougarspto) and Facebook to stay up-t0-date.
Feel free to email with questions or concerns firstname.lastname@example.org.