May Birthday Cupcakes
We will celebrate May birthdays with cupcakes at lunch next Tuesday, May 16.
The final PTO meeting of this year is on Tuesday, May 23 from 7 – 8 pm via Zoom. We will vote on the budget and PTO leadership for the 2023/24 school year. Please join us for this important meeting!
Kennedy Color Run
The Kennedy Color Run is coming up this Friday, May 12. Thanks to you, we have set a new fundraising record! So far, we have raised $21,974 to support important programs at Kennedy. Keep up the great work, Cougars!
Donations to the Color Run are still being collected through Sunday, May 14 and there are additional prizes for the students who collect the most contributions:
- 1st: $100 Target gift card
- 2nd: $50 Target gift card
Tips for Raising More Donations:
- Share: Send the link to your personal fundraising page to friends and family via email and text.
- Post: Link to your personal fundraising page to Facebook or Instagram. Ask your friends and family to share your link.
- In Person: Make it easy for people to donate when you see them in person by creating a QR code that links to your personal fundraising page. You can do this at https://www.qrcode-monkey.com/ Save the QR code to your phone. More information: https://kennedycougarspto.org/color-run-student-info
Color Run Schedule – Friday, May 12
In an effort to give students more time on the course and also limit the number of students out at one time, we have made some modifications to the day’s schedule:
12:50: our new start time
12:50 – 1:30: 6th graders on the course
1:40 – 2:30: 7th graders on the course
2:40 – 3:10: 8th graders on the course
3:10: clean up
Event volunteers should now arrive in time for us to start the event at 12:45.
Open PTO Leadership Roles for 2023/24
OPEN PTO Leadership Roles for 2023/24…these must be filled for the PTO to continue to function! Please consider taking on one of these vital roles.
- PTO President
- PTO Vice President
- PTO Secretary
- STEAM Liaison
- Art Program Liaison
- Fundraising/Grant Writing
- Website Manager
- Social Media Manager
Donations for 8th Grade Events & Activities
We have only had about 55 families contribute so far! The Kennedy school & KMS PTO fund all 8th grade activities & events at KMS so that ALL students have equal access to those events & activities. We do ask each family to contribute $75, or whatever they can, to offset the nearly $25k cost of the 8th grade events this year.
Make your contribution online through PayPal or the PTO online store. If you make your payment online, please include a note with the name of your student. You may also pay by check by leaving it in the PTO box in the school office. Please note your student’s name on the check.
Please visit the RCSD website to find required forms and details about the process. https://www.rcsdk8.net/our-programs-and-services/human-resources/volunteer
Stay in Touch
Feel free to email with questions or concerns email@example.com.