Tuesday 10/31 — HAPPY HALLOWEEN!! Be sure to review the costume guidelines, detailed in Mrs Leonardo’s Cougar Connect (see below)
Wednesday 11/1 — NO SCHOOL for Teacher Work Day
Thursday 11/2 @ 5pm — Principal’s Coffee in the Library
Message from our PTO President
Hello, Kennedy Community!
Thank you to all those who attended this month’s PTO meeting on Tuesday evening. It’s wonderful to connect and share our ideas about making KMS the best it can be for our students.
Some key topics covered were reviews of the PTO budget and bylaws, updates from committee leads, and gratitude for PTO-sponsored lunches for teachers during conference week. We also loved hearing from our Student Council representative, Brody. KMS students are engaged and enthusiastic about their school community!
I would like to highlight the need for field trip chaperones for two upcoming STEAM field trips. They will be on November 15 at the Pulgas Water Temple and on December 6th at a water quality processing plant. Chaperones must be cleared through the district. Bus transportation is provided and the trips will last all day, 8:30-3:15. If you are available to help out please contact email@example.com to express your interest.
A HUGE thank you goes out to Marcela S. for organizing parent volunteers for the Halloween Dance!
Finally, our Direct Drive fundraising efforts are ongoing and support academics, student activities, staff appreciation events, and our elective programs. We are asking $200 per family, but please consider donating any amount that fits your personal financial situation. Whether it’s $25, $50, $100, or $1,000, every dollar helps us reach our fundraising goal and our students are worth our investment.
To support KMS, donate at the link below: https://kennedycougarspto.org/donate
KMS Spirit Wear is on sale now. Order online at the link below: https://kennedyrwc.itemorder.com/shop/home/
Message from Mrs. Leonardo
Check out the most recent Cougar Connect for a message from Mrs. Leonardo, as well as additional information regarding school policies and programs Kennedy has to offer. Prior Cougar Connects are now easily found under the ‘Home’ tab.
Donate to our ‘Community Needs’
Our Family Center is collecting clothing items to provide students when there are dress code violations, stains, ripped clothes due to PE, etc. If you have some of the following items available, please drop off at the Kennedy Family Center, anytime between 8a-4p. Our students thank you!!
- Gently used items requested: Size L/XL of lightly used sweatshirts, sweatpants and t-shirts, but all sizes welcome
- New items requested: socks and undergarments in all sizes
- Drop off items between 8-4 at the Kennedy Family Center
New WhatsApp Group
If you prefer to receive information in Spanish and by text, scan this QR code to join the Kennedy Family Center’s WhatsApp group “Padres de Kennedy 2023“! You will receive updated Kennedy Middle School information in Spanish and reminders of our school events.
Scan the QR code below, or use THIS LINK
Capture your memories in this year’s John F. Kennedy Middle School Yearbook!
10% OFF IF YOU PURCHASE BY SEPTEMBER 30!
- go to www.treering/validate
- Enter your school’s passcode: 1015926081674110
Regular price: $38.29
Purchase by: April 11, 2024
Kennedy Middle School Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) is a nonprofit volunteer organization (tax ID 47-1531115) whose mission is to help students thrive and grow into the next generation of community and business leaders. To support this mission, we raise funding and organize parent volunteers to help our school better serve its students.
Kennedy offers an array of programs to support our students’ social, emotional, physical and academic needs, many of which are funded by the efforts of the PTO.
In 2023/2024, our direct drive fundraising goal is $30,000. We are asking $200 per family, but please consider donating any amount that fits your personal financial situation. Whether it’s $25, $50, $100 or $1,000, every dollar helps us reach our fundraising goal and our students are worth our investment.
- Online donation options are on our donate page: Click HERE
- Check payments may be left in the PTO box inside the office or mailed to the school: Kennedy PTO, 2521 Goodwin Avenue, Redwood City, CA 94061. Please make checks payable to JFK Middle School PTO.
- Double your donation – check with your employer to see if they will match your generous donation.
- Please also consider a donation of your time. The PTO is always looking for volunteers to help with school events. For more information, please visit: www.kennedycougarspto.org/volunteer.
- Feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or for more information.
For more info: https://kennedycougarspto.org/direct-drive
2023/2024 PTO Open Positions
Please consider taking on one of these vital roles this year! We’d love to have you join us in any way you can – Reach out to email@example.com with questions and for more info!
- 6th, 7th, and 8th Grade-Level Community Leaders – Work with PTO to communicate needs and ideas for each grade level. Ensure parents know what’s happening in each grade.
- Parent Volunteer Coordinator – Create sign-up forms and help recruit and coordinate volunteers for PTO and school events.
- Safe Routes To School Coordinator – Work with PTO to encourage students to bike and walk to school. Help kids with traffic safety skills and work to reduce traffic congestion.
- Spirit Wear Lead – Manage spirit wear webpage and work with the vendor on designs. Help promote sales with the PTO communications team.
- STEAM Liaison – Work with KMS STEAM Program lead teacher to support the program. Coordinating family volunteers for program activities as needed.
- Student Activities Coordinator – Help plan two school dances
(October & March); organize DJ, food and decorations, and recruit volunteers.
- Student Store Coordinator – Work with KMS administrators to procure, organize, and distribute Student Store items.
Welcome to the Kennedy Middle School spirit wear store! Here’s a sneak peak – Get yours today!
The store will remain open throughout the school year. Orders will be processed on Mondays and take 10-15 working days to complete. Upon completion an email notification will be sent letting you know that the order is ready for shipping or for pickup at Goetz Bros. Sporting Goods (1125 Industrial Rd, San Carlos)
If you’d like to contribute directly to a teacher’s classroom, check out the Kennedy’s Amazon Wishlist , created by Mrs Leonardo. The wishlist will be updated based on classroom needs.
Stay in Touch
If you’d prefer information in Spanish, join this WhatsApp Group
Feel free to email with questions or concerns firstname.lastname@example.org.